Here she is playing with it:
In case you're wondering, I didn't do anything special to get the tail to curl up, it seems to be doing that on it's own!
This is where I am keeping track of my knitting projects. I've been knitting since I was 8 and am always learning new tricks. There are a few free patterns included, but you'll have to look to find them!
I did #2 after #1 didn't really show up. I think I'm really getting the hang of it. Maybe I'll make a little beaded purse? Oh, oh, how about the hem of a poncho for dressy instead of using fringe. Hmm, maybe I saw this on knitty already?
So here's my progress:
Ribbing prior to adding the beads
I really like this pattern. It's easy to remember and knit and goes really quickly.
In other news, Caitie tried on her new poncho and it fits great. Just a few minutes before she had been complaining that everyone had a poncho but her! I also taught her to knit again. She's a real pro at the long-tailed cast on, but still shakey on the knitting. I left her with some acrylic worsted weight and some size 10s. Maybe she'll practice. I'll try to post a picture of her in it, but my camera's batteries went kaput and I had to rely on Dad's pictures.
Where are visitors to this page?
(Auto-update daily since 15-OCT-04)
If you'd like to get it yourself look here.
Don't the flames almost look like tuning forks?
This is the indiecita alpaca held two strands together. I tried first using one strand but it was only little tiny stitches and just didn't look like I had imagined. I then tried 2 strands on size 5 straight needles but that looked a little tight so this is using my nylon size 6 circ. I tried using my Denise but the point isn't too pointy so it was harder to to the sl1-k2tog-psso maneuver. Normally I like their shape and feel much better but for this project they were causing a little frustration.
This picture was taken in very low light and I didn't ask the DH to fix it.
I'm using the lacy zigzag (Nov 1 from the perpetual calendar) and size 10.5 or 11 needles. My rectangles will each be 10" x 30". Here's a progress picture. It's actually going very fast but it's hard to take a picture of it since the batteries are about gone on the camera and it's very dark.
Here's a close-up of the buttons (I have 6 total):