- knit the stitch like normal with the bead there and adjust the bead so that it's vertical on a leg of the stitch
- purl the stitch and have the bead go across horizontally
- slip the stitch with bead over both legs (not threaded on in advance)
- knit the stitch with the bead over both legs (not threaded on in advance)
- sew the beads on later (not threaded on in advance)
I did #2 after #1 didn't really show up. I think I'm really getting the hang of it. Maybe I'll make a little beaded purse? Oh, oh, how about the hem of a poncho for dressy instead of using fringe. Hmm, maybe I saw this on knitty already?
So here's my progress:
Ribbing prior to adding the beads