Sunday, August 29, 2004

Finished Making Waves

This was a great little pattern. I learn something new every project I complete. I talked to my stash angel (Jill) and she says the yarn is Harrisville Singles. 100% wool. I washed my socks and added some pantene conditioner to the rinse water and they still feel pretty rough, but that's what sockliners are for.
Here's a review of what I did from my post to the SixSox list:
I started from the toe up and did 2 socks on 2 circs. I used40 stitches on the instep and 32 on the bottom of the foot and have the pattern going from the end of the toe increases all the way to the cuff. I did the upside down flap heel over 32 stitches (from the "you're putting me on" pattern) and then continued for about 4 rows on the back in just plain stockinette. Over these rows I increased to 40 stitches so I had 80 stitches around which was plenty for my voluptuous leg. I then did the pattern all the way around and finished with a 2x2 rib and then stretchy bind off.




No comments: