Sunday, September 05, 2004

A poncho for my niece.

She's 12 and I think this would be a great b-day present. Gee, I hope she doesn't read my blog? Anyway, I'm making it out of this fuzzy cranberry-colored acrylic that is also from the stash. It will be warm and durable this way. I've tried several patterns and I'm going with the two rectangle approach. I tried to do point up, but that didn't work with my stitch pattern, then I tried a couple of other things... no luck. So, I finally made a little paper poncho (who suggested this on their page? sorry for not giving you credit!) and figured out the dimensions.

I'm using the lacy zigzag (Nov 1 from the perpetual calendar) and size 10.5 or 11 needles. My rectangles will each be 10" x 30". Here's a progress picture. It's actually going very fast but it's hard to take a picture of it since the batteries are about gone on the camera and it's very dark.


No comments: