Friday, August 13, 2004

Updates: Making waves, little striped cardigan

Making Waves:
Well, I ended up putting the second sock on a piece of scrap yarn to work the heel of the first sock. Turns out that I could have gotten away with leaving them both on because I ended up putting the extra stitches on spare DPN. I think I'll rewrite the instructions on how to do this heel using 2s2c methods (well, plus an extra 2 DPN, but they don't have to be the same size or anything). I've been late to work almost every morning this week trying to get a little more done on these socks before I leave the house in the morning. I'll post some heel pictures.

Striped Cardigan:
I finally was able to get cool buttons at my favorite LYS (woo-hoo). I'm not ready to put them on yet, because I finally decided what to do with the sleeves. I frogged both of them all the way back. The row gauge was as messed up as the stitch gauge. I might try two circs, but they won't be the same brand or finish. Someone at my SnB suggested sleeveless, but this is for work so not really my thing.

No comments: