Monday, February 28, 2005

Snow Day!

(aack. lost this post the first time, trying to remember it)

Don't get me wrong -- I absolutely love my job -- it's just that it's nice to have an unexpected day off now and then. My whole place of work is closed today because we're supposed to get 6-10" os snow. It's snowing right now. Here's my plan for the day: knit, take a long soak in bubble bath in the soaking tub, knit, make beef stew in the crock pot, make some bread, knit... maybe clean the house if I get energetic.

I just got Folk Socks by Nancy Bush (Interweave, 1994) from the library via ILL. I'm going to have to buy this because it's really wonderful. The front cover shows Uke socks that my dh says are like the style the Kiev Rus guys wore ~1000 AD. I'm definitely going to try some of the different heels and toes and maybe the Mamluke socks which are really beautiful.

I'm also really excited because I'll be able to get the Rowan 4-ply cotton in Fandango to make myself the wrap sweater our of SnB Nation by Stoller (2004). RC listed that she had it to offer on KR and I'm going to buy it with the money I made teaching the sweater class at my LYS.

Here are my works in progress: finally some socks out of the sockotta I bought ages ago, a fuzzy scarf as a trial of putting beads on as you knitt with a crochet hook (pictures to come), and a camera case for my dh out of the big green monster left over yarn based on Lucia's pattern. These are mostly in the beginning stages since I finshed the baby sweater and socks really quickly.

No comments: