Saturday, February 05, 2005

Next 6 Sox Knitalong Sock: Spiral

This is such a cool pattern. She has us going toe up (with figure 8 cast on, I've previously done the Queen Kahuna and the Short Row, so now I'm trying something different), with a modified short row heel (modified by adding a mini gusset)... The spiral stripes are really quite smart because you don't have to count or weave or whatever.

I chose from the stash which may have been a bad call. These are Harrisville singles. The blueberry color has chunks of teal, yellow, and purple in it. I had other Harrisville hanks in yellow and purple so that's what I'm doing. I increased up to 68 which may be too much, so maybe I'll make the sock a little short so it pulls up some of the slack. I used my dh and the power ball winder to wind center pull balls but they just aren't working because the yarn really, really sticks to itself. I gave up any hope of doing two at the same time.


No comments: