Saturday, February 19, 2005

New Design and Work in Progress

I wanted to make a little wrap sweater for Spike (she's 1 month old today) so I looked through all of the library books and just really didn't see what I wanted. There were a couple that were ok, but nothing just right. I decided to design my own. It's using Paton's Pearl DK (I only have 2 skeins, so I'm thinking that I'll be short) in a nice purple (color on the screen isn't just right). I'll type out the whole pattern when I get finished, but it's using the tulip pattern from May 1 on the stitch-a-day calendar. So far I've finished the fronts and the back and am about a third of the way up both sleeves. I'm doing them both at the same time to see how the yarn runs out. I figure this sweater will work for spring, summer, and early fall. Specifically, I think it will be nice for Easter.

No comments: