Saturday, July 17, 2004

The story of the immaculate stash...

This is the story of the immaculate stash; that is, the stash without the SEX (Stash Enrichment eXpedition).

In June, a angel named Jill R. came down and asked if I would be interested in some of the yarns she needed to get rid of (the annunciation?). It seems that Jill is a weaver of beautiful and varied fabrics. She's been in SABLE condition for a while and her DH said some of it has to go. She marked it up for a yard sale but decided to offer it to me instead. (YES!) I thought I would get a couple of bags, but she brought 6 huge rubbermaid tubs of all kinds of neat goodies.

I'm taking pictures and will be cataloging some of my goodies here on my blog. I've been swatching like crazy, too, so I'll show those. My first project out of the new yarns is a short sleeved cardigan out of the Crystal Palace Cotton Flamme yarn. It's similar to the ones in the Tricoter book but I'm doing it in the round a la Fee. Still need to buy buttons. Here's where I am so far:

No comments: