Thursday, May 22, 2008

Socks for Soldiers

I joined the yahoo group: socks for soldiers. Pretty cool thing they're doing, but I would just like to say for the record that the plethora of word documents makes it really annoying to try to find anything. It's easy to see how information can silt up over time. It's obvious, too, that people keep asking the same questions over and over. I guess you're supposed to buy the yarn from the founder/manager/sarge but I really didn't want to - for one thing, I do not want to commit to anything right now as far as getting things done. Another thing is that I have a particular soldier in mind for these. The next pair might go to him, too, or to the group. Not sure.

This yarn is on the approved list and I'm hoping it can be dyed or the person I have in mind will take them in white since he currently wears white cotton socks. This is Regia 4-ply.

No comments: